Why Aluminum? September 23, 2015 12:00
There are lots of reasons why we’ve chosen aluminum as a primary material for our products.
Craft-Modern is the creative result of founder Steve Fulton’s background in manufacturing. Aluminum is a material that he, personally, is very familiar with and uses often.
It has also been used quite a bit in furniture, however, usually it is low-cost, outdoor furniture with very little pleasing aesthetic. We appreciate and enjoy aluminum, and it's our belief that, when it comes to quality, artistic interiors, aluminum is a greatly underused material.
We like aluminum because…
- It can be machined, using many different methods, to create interesting shapes
- It can be finished in a variety of ways for compelling effects
- It looks great when anodized; anodizing gives a bright glow to the finish
- It is durable and stands up to weather when used outdoors
- It’s a green material, and is easily and readily recyclable